Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Diabloii.net: "Diablo 3 to be Announced at Worldwide Invitational"

Diabloii.net is reporting the following:

With this week's speculation over the Blizzard teasers, more and more reports in the media, and numerous tips coming direct us at IncGamers from reliable inside industry sources in the past 24 hours, we now have confirmation from inside sources to say that Diablo 3 WILL be announced on Saturday at WWI Paris 2008.

With that in mind, we would like to invite Diabloii.net readers to submit their questions for us to ask Blizzard.

This is extremely exciting for all of us here at Diabloii.net. For the past 10 years we have been supporting the Diablo community and to have something completely new to sink our teeth into is fantastic. We will be at the show on Saturday for the announcement and also the press conference which is directly after, so expect reports from the show floor live, interviews and much more.




Wowinsider have posted something interesting in relation to this:

D3 suggested by Battle.net Forums error message.

4 comments:

Anonymous 25/06/2008, 21:00  

I'm glad that people at Diabloii.net think it's Diablo3, that's what they're supposed to think. I've not really seen any real proof though. The World Wide Invitational banner shows Diablo, yes, but isn't it supposed to celebrate all of Blizzard's franchises? They'd of course put him there.

I did see an interesting link over at mmo-champion that completely invalidates a Diablo3 rumor (http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1036606/) but at the same time, I'm a firm believer that we'll find out in three days. Why should we get stressed out on adrenaline when it's such a short period to wait?

Suicidal Zebra 25/06/2008, 21:15  

Heh, that certainly puts the cat amongst the Pigeons. I think I'm still guilty of putting hope before evidence myself, I really want it to be D3 but you're right that the evidence just isn't there yet. I thought it was worthy of linking as it is the first major fansite we've seen stick their neck out.

It would, however, be very amusing if Dii.net got egg on their faces. Supposedly the same thing happened last year with the WWI-07 Starcraft2 announcement. I guess we'll find out on Sunday, but I'll still keep posting the daily teaser updates.

Anonymous 25/06/2008, 21:20  

I know, I completely understand. People want things to happen so badly that they won't listen to reason. Shows you're dedicated though and that's a good sign imo.
I agree it would be silly if Dii.net got egg on their face because some industry insiders either 1) fed them false info for a laugh or 2) were so hyped for D3 that they made things up.

Don't get me wrong, I think the evolving splash screen is an ingenious idea by blizzard and I'm excited to see tomorrow's version of it. I just don't want to see innocent people getting hurt by rooting for what they want to be there and getting let down once again.

Anonymous 27/06/2008, 00:56  

I wonder if nobody has seen yet that the fire in this image occluded by diablo's hand has the shape of..well...a "3", right? :D

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP