Wednesday, September 23, 2009

BRB, Vomiting IRL.


I hate Brewfest. Really, seriously hate it.

It's not the endless grind for Brewfest Tokens which makes me think that trying to get the Violet Protodrake is a futile exercise.

It's not missing out on a Brewfest Mount or Direbrew Remote in every single roll, no matter how many times I run that git Coren.

It's not even listening to those Goblins sing every time I step just outside Orgrimmar. Actually, that's kinda catchy.

No, it's that god damn fucking awful in game drunk effect. What were those bastards thinki-

..

thinking? "Oh, you want to do the 'fight off the Dark Iron' daily? Sure, but first we need to stick a blur effect filter over the whole of the screen so you can't see a damn thing, and then put a pulsing pincushion distortion effect over the whole damn scene. And if that wasn't bad enough, you won't be able to walk in a straight line, adding to the wonderful sense of up-chuck inducing nausea."

Oh, but I'm cunning. I'll turn off the blur filter so all I have to deal with is that damn pulsing. But that just lulls you into a false sense of sec-

..

security, whilst I can see clearly the screen continues to pulse in my periphery and walking still isn't straight. Cue 'I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fi- PASS THE FUCKING BUCKET!!'.

And then, you can't get rid of the effect quickly once you finish the daily. It's beyond them to put something clever in like making coffee dispel the effect. So I have to wait for ten bleeding minutes for the smashed/drunk/tipsy effect to wear off before I can do anything else, preferably >50ft away from the PC monitor.

This achievement grind can't end soon enough. Halloween is up next, which can't be that ba-

6 comments:

firespirit 23/09/2009, 14:52  

LOL Zebra:

I feel your pain. I killed the blur effect long, LONG ago, it kills my eyes, and makes me have headaches. Its a novel effect for the first two times you are drunk in game, but after that... meh.

I was not able to do brewfest last year, so this year is a grind. I have halloween done, but I need yet to do winters veil.

The biggest thing that you are going to face is the RNG of the trick or treat bag. I am not kidding when I say that my guildmaster missed the meta and title for halloween because he never got a toothpick. On the very last day of hallows end, he stayed up well into the middle of the night to trick or treat for it, and it never dropped. He was seriously grumpy for a few weeks after that.

Ohh, and if you don't like to pvp, the gnerd rage is going to be a kicker. But its not as bad as the children's week quests, not by far. You only have to get a few HK's.

Green Armadillo 23/09/2009, 16:12  

Technically speaking, you don't actually have to help fight off the Dark Irons to get the tickets. The gear stays up for at least 5 minutes after the attack, and there's no requirement that you have participated to loot it. I have on various occasions arrived at the brew camp to find the gear still up from an attack that was over before I got there.

I guess this might be seen as leeching, but really I've very rarely seen the attack boil down to a single person participating being the difference between victory or defeat.

Medwards 23/09/2009, 19:49  

lol I know what you mean with the drunk effect. I remember there were mobs in ZG during vanilla that put a debuff on you with that effect, only it would randomly knock you down for 1 second.

Dirz 23/09/2009, 21:12  

they put in goggles to mimic being drunk which after the quests you can just unequip them:)

terph 24/09/2009, 07:29  

There is coffee in Shatt. I keep wondering if that will actually help cure the drunken stupor. Just got a replacement for my video card so I think I'll go test that... :)

Suicidal Zebra 25/09/2009, 11:52  

I may be guilty of a little literary license in this post... I don't actually need Halloween for the 'Long Strange Trip' achievement having done it last year.

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP